- What types of combs are there and how to choose the right one
- Expert advice on comb selection and hair care
- What are the rules of hygiene for hair brushes to consider?
In the cold season, hair care is especially important and the right choice of comb plays a huge role in this process.
- Electric Detangling: The easy way to detangle; The brush’s teeth rock back and forth while you brush to gently loosen knots and tangles from even the most unruly hair
- New Design: We’ve upgraded our best-selling “Tangle Tamer” brush with a brand new sleek design; The Remington Tame The Mane Electric Detangling Brush includes a slip on brush cover to protect the detangling head during storage and travel
- Wet/Dry Use: Detangle anytime with wet or dry hair; Find whatever is most comfortable for you.
- Gentle on the Scalp: The soft tip teeth protect the scalp while preventing pulling or tugging of hair; Cordless: Enjoy cordless convenience with this battery powered brush (two AA batteries included); On/Off Switch: Easy operation so kids can detangle on their own
Together with a hair specialist, I figured out how to choose the right comb, what to look for and what are the secrets in hair care.
Secrets of the right choice: types of combs
The expert notes – first of all, it is necessary to decide for what purposes we need a comb. To do this, he divided them into several types:
For wet hair.These combs are used when applying conditioners or masks, after washing, before drying. They usually have synthetic nylon bristles that do not absorb organic matter. In addition, these combs also have an antibacterial effect.
For dry hair… Here, as noted by the expert, combs with artificial bristles are also needed, but with an antistatic effect, which helps to detangle the hair, but not electrify it.
Impregnated combs, in which the bristles can be treated with special hair care products.
Comb for drying hair.With a purge base, designed for root drying, it is indispensable for creating volume at the hair roots. Her bristles should be soft, with protection in the form of balls, so as not to injure the scalp.
Comb brush.This comb must be distinguished separately as it is a device for styling, curling and straightening hair. However, the expert says that when choosing it, two aspects must be taken into account:
The coating of the metal drum must be ceramic or tourmaline… In this case, the hair will be protected from contact with metal, this will improve the procedures for the hair, as well as protect against thermal effects.
Stubble.The bristles on the brush should be chosen strictly according to the type of hair. If the hair is thin, a soft comb is needed, if of medium thickness – medium, for coarse hair, a stiff brush is needed, respectively.
The secret to correct use: comb hygiene
Alexander Shevchenko notes that it is not enough to choose a suitable comb for yourself, you also need to monitor its hygiene and wash the hairbrush with detergent. Moreover, some experts argue that this should be done every time after using the comb.
Our expert is not so categorical and says that for cleanliness it is enough to rinse the comb with detergent once a week. This should be done because organic particles accumulate on a dirty comb, which can cause dandruff, increased skin fat and changes in microflora.
Hair care secrets
Comb hair health doesn’t end there. So, the expert told us three of his “proprietary” hair care secrets.
Three main secrets of hair care:
Perfect shampoo… When choosing a shampoo, you need to pay attention not only to the type of hair, but also to the type of scalp. Therefore, you should choose the shampoo that takes into account both factors as much as possible, only in this case you can provide quality care.
- Dresser size: 7.75 Inch Tortoise Shell finish. Wide teeth comb for a daily hair care. This wide-tooth comb is designed to painlessly glide through hair without pulling, preventing breakage and without scratching the scalp. Easily detangles all hair types. Eliminate knots and tangles effortlessly from natural, thick, wavy and curly hairs, It will help style the hair without losing volume. Rounded tips for sensitive scalps
- Effortless glide: This saw cut, fine toothed comb, is hand polished and buffed to create soft rounded teeth that will stimulate your scalp or skin. Microscopically smooth teeth stimulate the natural oils inside the hair cuticles as your hair is combed, flexible, durable and waterproof
- Handmade Kent comb: Handmade from a large sheets of cellulose acetate rather than being molded. This material is tactile, flexible and strong, a non-petroleum based derived from plants that has been found to create less static in hair, and is saw-cut to ensure a smooth surface that will not pull or snag hair follicles
- Daily hair care: Large wide tooth detangler comb, very flexible, long lasting, hand saw-cut by special circular saws and hand polished, good to spread natural oil from scalp to hair when combing, improve blood circulation and reduce hair loss. Great shower comb for women and men to detangle curly hair when shampoo or applying conditioner
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: Kent is the world’s oldest brush manufacturer Since 1777. Proudly displaying the Royal Warrant of the Queen. We guarantee you’ll love our product! We offer a 100% money back guarantee to all our customers. No questions asked. If you are not thrilled with your purchase, please contact us!!, we will give you an exchange or a refund
Hydration and nutrition… The expert noted that it is a common mistake for women to choose only one product: either moisturizing or nourishing. As a result, the opposite effect is obtained.
Hair requires both fat-soluble components – these are vitamins, trace elements, and water-soluble – in particular, keratin, which is part of the hair structure. Therefore, so that the hair does not suffer, it is necessary to alternate both nutrition and hydration, which masks do well.
Tip oil.Many people pay attention only to the roots and length of the hair, buying all kinds of products for them, but forget about the ends. However, oil is needed to replenish lipids – a special fatty layer of the hair, without which it can collapse.
Tip for colored, bleached and highlighted hair
The expert singled out this type of hair separately, because after dyeing the hair often becomes dry. It’s all about not only frequent washing, but also the lack of the very lipid layer that performs the protective function of the hair. To compensate for its deficiency, you need to apply a drop of natural caring oil to the ends and comb with a brush with natural bristles. Then you will save dyed hair from brittleness and dryness.
- Wattage of this appliance may vary depending on the location of use
- Smooth results with less frizz in half the time – power of a dryer precision of a styler
- Flexible tangle free bristles help dry, smooth and style your hair
- 1100 Watt of drying power. Unlike like conventional hair dryers, this styler you can use to dry and style your hair quickly
- 2 Heat/speed settings for styling flexibility with cool option. Unit is for 120V (Not for use in 240V outlets)