Remember those amazingly stylish and elegant headbands that the main character of Gossip Girl, Blair Waldorf, wore? If you dreamed about them for a long time, but did not wear them, afraid to look funny and out of date, feel free to sweep aside any prejudices, because beautiful hair hoops are again at the peak of popularity! Together with exquisite silk shawls, various hairpins, elastic bands, ribbons and bows, they form the basis of accessory fashion for the upcoming spring-summer season. What types to look out for first? What do street style stars and eminent stylists recommend? The answers to these and many other questions are below!
- Materials: Rhinestone Crystal
- Color: Topaz color yellow brown
- Type: Hair Jewelry / Barrette
- Alloy metal: Gold plated
- Size: Approx. 3.25″ long and 1.25″ wide.
Types of jewelry for long hair (description and photo)
Thick, long strands are already a significant source of pride in themselves. But, as you know, women are not used to being content with little, and therefore they do not hesitate to decorate curls in all available ways. Delicate wreaths, exquisite tiaras or flirty hats – what women of fashion did not have to invent in order to stand out from the crowd, loudly declare themselves. Before approaching the classification of existing accessories, we propose to plunge a little into history and find out how the ladies of past centuries decorated their own styling.
Although it is impossible to establish for certain who the creator of the first hair clip was, archaeologists and historians managed to find out many interesting facts and details related to this irreplaceable female jewelry. So, for example, in ancient Egypt, he acted as an integral part of the usual toilet. At that time, sophisticated hairstyles were in vogue, distinguished by the pomp and sophistication of the decor. Pharaohs and nobles close to them actively used a variety of crabs, rubber bands and other items not only for publication, but also in everyday life. At the same time, the products could tell a lot about their owner: the rich wore gold and silver models inlaid with precious stones or pearls, while the less wealthy Egyptians had to be content with their wooden counterparts.
They especially liked to decorate the head of a woman in Ancient Greece. Often for these purposes, they used wreaths of natural flowers. Later, with the flourishing of jewelry, exquisite sphedons came into fashion – made of gold or silver, they acted as the prototype of diadems, but were made in the form of thin olive branches.
Representatives of Ancient Rome also supported the fashion for head jewelry: they weaved gold or silver ribbons into curls, often complemented by precious metals or pearl beads. It is worth noting that it was in Pompeii (an ancient Roman city that died from a volcanic eruption) that the first hairpin was found.
In Russia, it was customary to decorate the head with a thin birch bark hoop. Pre-covered with red or blue fabric, it was decorated with feathers, flowers, shells and other gifts of nature.
In the samurai country of Japan, hairpins were more common among the male rather than female population. Acting as a reliable fixer for hairstyles, they ensured that in the moment of battle, not a single strand of hair fell on the face, blocking the view. In addition, if necessary, they easily turned into a deadly weapon. Don’t think that women were deprived of accessories, no. They wore neat kansashi stilettos – an analogue of our familiar hairpins, which, by the way, also seamlessly transformed into a protective weapon.
In the Middle Ages, saturated with ascetic moods, starched caps made of exquisite lace became popular. These could be seen on any honorable lady. The thing is that uncovered hair (along with luxury and wealth items) has suddenly become something forbidden, not godly. Together with humanistic trends, the church famously brought out of fashion any jewelry and accessories that were so highly prized in antiquity.
- Materials: Rhinestone crystals
- Color: Montana blue(Swarovski crystals), light blue
- Type: Hair jewelry/hair barrette
- Zinc alloy metal: Silver-tone
- Size: 3.5″ long and 1.25″ wide
The woman’s curls were shown again only by the beginning of the eighteenth century. Simple curly strands decorated with silk ribbons or flowers began to be worn thanks to the Duchess of Shrewsbury. It was with this hairstyle that she appeared at a significant reception in Versailles in 1713, forever conquering the heart of Louis XIV.
It was with the Duchess of Shrewsbury that a new era of women’s styling began. Light flowing curls gradually went out of fashion, giving way to more spectacular and majestic styling. Hairdressers of those years had to spend a lot of time creating genuine works of art on the heads of clients: swans, ships or even entire cities. For the construction of such structures, their own hair length was often not enough, and then additional strands had to be borrowed from the maids. The final touch of the compositions was precious stones scattered over the hair in a certain sequence.
The trend for such “hair designs” could not hold out for long, but the French revolution finally overthrew it. Criticizing phantasmagoric hairstyles, she made women again turn to naturalness and naturalness. From about this time on fashionistas one could see accessories more familiar to the modern layman.
What types of jewelry are offered to girls today:
- Elastic. The most common and multifunctional item with which you can easily create many hairstyles: ponytails, bunches, etc.
- Barrette. Distinguished by a special mechanism, it allows you to securely fix the strands in the desired position.
- Bezel. A special shape that removes curls back. It is used both for purely aesthetic purposes (to make the image more colorful and interesting), and for practical purposes – for convenience.
- Hairpins. Special tools, indispensable when creating complex hairstyles. Strongly fixing strands, they, as a rule, remain invisible, without drawing all the attention to themselves.
Along with the listed varieties, all kinds of unusual and original hair clips are also distinguished, the photos of which are posted below.
Types of hair clips – pictures with their names
Jewelry for curls is the main trend of the upcoming spring-summer season. Do you want to remain fashionable and stylish, but at the same time you are poorly oriented in the existing variety of accessories? The classification below is exactly for you! Main varieties:
- Invisible. Allowing to firmly fasten the styling elements or fix protruding curls, they remain invisible to the eye, do not draw all attention to themselves. As a rule, they are used when decorating wedding or solemn hairstyles. Outwardly, they resemble a thin metal plate, consisting of two parts – the lower (smooth) and the upper (grooved). The strands are placed in the middle. Traditionally, it was believed that invisibility could not be the key detail of the image: they were covered with curls, they were masked in every possible way. However, for the last two seasons, designers have been actively including them in their fashion shows, turning them into an important accent. The main adherent of this trend is Bella Hadid. Photos of bobby pins for hair in the look of popular models below.
- Veil. An accessory without which it is difficult to imagine a wedding party or other festive event. Adding charm and elegance to their owner, they allow you to create surprisingly delicate and feminine looks.
- Crest. It is difficult to call this decoration relevant, but in thematic and shocking toilets it looks quite organic. Not suitable for everyday life, but just right for some eccentric party!
- Crab. The product is based on two combs, fastened together by a special mechanism. Eerily popular in the nineties, it is gradually returning to the world of fashion, although it still cannot be considered a trend.
- Banana. In a sense, this is a modified crab model. You’ve probably seen her in beauty salons on the tables of hairdressers. It cannot be considered an independent accessory, but in complex hairstyles (as in the photo) it looks quite relevant.
- Clamps. These hairpins, which you used back in your kindergarten and school years, will be at their peak this spring! Feel free to buy the options you like and do not be afraid to include them in the look.
- Machine. Consists of two hollow metal plates, fastened together by an automatic mechanism. Still anti-trend.
- Hairpins. They are a device that fixes and holds the strands in a certain position. They resemble a needle in appearance. They can remain unremarkable or be inlaid with decorative inserts. Photo of hairpins for a bun of hair below.
Hoops and headbands deserve special attention. They are also able to decorate the image, give it fresh flirty notes. The most interesting combinations with them are below.
How to find trendy hair accessories
After making sure of the relevance of all kinds of jewelry, we will try to understand how to choose your ideal option.
- The first step is to determine the style of the compiled image. If you are planning to shine in a romantic dress, then there is no point in trying to adapt the grunge studded and studded clips to it. To make the jewelry look harmonious in the overall composition, choose them in accordance with the main style solution (classic, sport chic, etc.).
- Consider hair color. Choosing a chocolate rim that is terribly relevant this season, brown-haired women risk not achieving the desired effect. The accessory will simply “dissolve” among the curls, remaining unnoticed. That is why you should select models in contrasting and bright colors.
- Check the weight of the product. Massive, heavy clamps can pull back strands, creating unpleasant sensations. In addition, they often harm the curls, provoking their thinning and loss.
- Consider your face shape. So, for example, the same headband can look completely different on two girls. And, as a rule, it is a matter of the structure of the skull.
In addition to the listed nuances, the density and structure of the strands should also be taken into account. Some hairpins may turn out to be too flimsy for them, not withstanding the weight while wearing.
Types of hair bands (photo and description)
Making a trendy bun, tying a high ponytail or braiding – all this is impossible without elastic bands. Able to stretch and curl, they provide a secure fixation of basic hairstyles, allow you to remove curls. What types of this irreplaceable device exist today:
- Spiral. Resembling a wire from an old phone, it has a number of undeniable advantages. Firstly, it does not leave visible creases. Secondly, it does not injure or pull out hairs.
- Invisible elastic bands. As a rule, these are ultra-thin elastic cups that are selected according to the hair color. They remain invisible, do not attract attention.
- Volumetric. A separate category of accessories that were considered especially popular in the late nineties and at the dawn of the zero years. They are made of velvet and silk materials, can be decorated with beads, beads, stones.
It is impossible to answer unequivocally which hair ties are better. It all depends on personal preference and what kind of styling you plan to build. However, if the main criterion is practicality, feel free to choose spiral silicone options.
What are the most fashionable and beautiful hairpins and hairstyles for long hair this season? We have already mentioned above that all kinds of jewelry will be at the peak of popularity this spring. Below we offer a selection of specific examples of how to create a trendy and stylish look.
- Materials: Rhinestone
- Color: Red, red orange(bigger marquise stones)
- Type: Hair Jewelry / Barrette
- Alloy metal: Silvertone
- Size: 3″ long and 1″ wide
- Minimalism. Since this trend desperately does not want to leave fashion shows, it is foolish to ignore it when choosing jewelry. Pay attention to simple and laconic models in black and white colors – this is always a win-win option (especially if you are not yet ready for bold stylistic decisions).
- Femininity. What is the name of the chain (necklace) jewelry on the head? Feronniere. And this spring it is more popular than ever! Wear it with her flying chiffon dresses, delicate sundresses, and all eyes will be on you!
- Geometry. Invisibles get along well with this trend. Use them to construct unusual shapes right on your curls, and the title of a new street style goddess is guaranteed!
- Animalistic prints. What could be more trendy than a hairpin in a leopard print? Only a “snake” hoop!
- Headbands. They are back in fashion again! To create stylish combinations with them, we recommend drawing inspiration from the images of Blair Waldorf, the heroine of the legendary TV series Gossip Girl. Silk Scarves. Not losing their relevance for the second season in a row, this spring they will look especially bright as garters for curls, bandanas, etc.
- Silk scarves. Not losing their relevance for the second season in a row, this spring they will look especially bright as garters for curls, bandanas, etc.
Summing up all of the above, we note that regardless of which hair jewelry you choose, their service life greatly depends on the storage conditions. Keeping hairpins in an open place or just everything in a box, you risk getting unnecessary scratches and damage to them. We recommend storing accessories in stylish fabric bags from The Meshok. Useful and practical, they can withstand up to 30 washes and perform well on trips and travels.
- Metal: Nickel Tribal Affiliation: Navajo Dimension: 3 inch x 1/2 inch Category: Hair Barretts Actual Item in Photo?: No, Stock photo. Artist will make the item as close as possible Handcrafted?: Yes Authenticity: Verified Authentic Warranty: Limited Lifetime Warranty Authentication Documents: Original Certificate of Authenticity
- Please refer to the description for more information including sizes, artists name and stone information. THANK YOU for helping us Support our local Native American artists.
- As the #1 wholesaler of Authentic ONLY Native American jewelry in the U.S., we are honored to represent the art-crafts created by more than 50 Native American artists
- All items come with Original Certificate of Authenticity. Do not forget to register your product for Limited Lifetime Warranty. All stones used are Natural and hand-picked by the Native American artist. NEW condition with retail tag still attached.
- If the item is a pendant and it is photographed with a chain attached, you will receive the chain as well. Rings can be resized to any desired size for an additional $27. Please contact us for resizing.